The school, St Regis – St Michel, on the cobbled slopes of the old town, was founded in 1914. Some of its buildings date back to the 16th century. The cathedral which can be seen from many of its windows is UNESCO listed and the whole area is an architecturally protected site. The school’s headmaster, Emmanuel Belledent, is himself an English teacher and he has promoted and encouraged the pupils to take their certification via Cambridge exams very seriously which has in turn earned him a reputation nationally in the field of English teaching and learning. For this reason we feel very much at home at St Regis – St Michel.